Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Singleness Amplified

There are only a few times (and very brief) where I feel "bad" being single. I usually do not feel bad about it...I have a full life with family and friends that I can't keep up with and school, working two jobs, church stuff and taking care of my 100 year old Granny some weekends. So, yeah, don't have a lot of time to feel bad/sad about being single.

This changes when someone parks in my RESERVED parking spot. What part of RESERVED = YOU CAN PARK HERE..NO BIG DEAL?

This hit me on Sunday night after coming home late from a hard weekend at my grandmas. She fell on Saturday night trying to get out of bed late and I paniced and cried and hated being there and hated her being this old and not thinking clearly. She thought we had all left her...although we were 30 feet away in the living room watching Batman Begins. Anyway...so sleep was precarious on Saturday night and I was tired coming home and thinking about unloading all my stuff to start a work week the next day.

Lo & behold someone had parked in my spot..not simply parked like "I'm only gonna be here for 5 minutes.." but had BACKED in to my spot. That screams "I'm gonna be here as long as I want and I don't care."

Now, I'm not sure what pushes your buttons on a regular basis..but when this happens to me it makes me SO mad. Like rage mad. Mad enough to plot things to do to the car that I actually might go through with if my building didn't have cameras on all angles of the parking lot. So, I pray through my rage...I feel bad...and I hate that there's no one else to stick up for me...to help me...to kick someone's ass. I know that's not really how it works, but it would have been nice.

I emailed and called and am trying to handle it diplomatically...I didn't bang on everyone's door and demand to know if they had parked in my spot. I didn't slash tires or put cat poop on the door handle. I am sick. Twisted.

I'll be glad when I no longer have to worry about this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have parked in front of the car, so he couldn't get out. You know me, old passive-aggressive!

Grammy Ona said...

Hope your day has gotten better. Somehow as frustrating as it is, someone parking in my parking slot wouldn't get me quite as upset as it seemed to do you.
You did just the right thing with the Starbucks coupon. We're to forgive and show the love of Jesus..
Not always easy to do, but so rewarding.
Have a great weekend


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter