Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Obedience Stinks"

What started out as kind of a funky Sunday (you know the kind...where you'd rather be anywhere else?) turned into a great (and spiritual) time for me personally. We looked at the story of Elijah and the widow in I Kings 17. My pastor said that one of his favorite parts of the story was when Elijah asked the widow to give him her son (who was dead). I think that is what God asks us to do - give him our issues, circumstances, bank accounts, diet issues, the IMPOSSIBLE and let him handle things. Why is such a beautiful concept so difficult to comprehend?

I'm not really an Old Testement lover - as you can understand by my blog's title, I'm really only into the red letters. However, there is value in understanding the God that was the OT.

We ended service with prayer stations - which I love. I wrote in the prayer journal "Obedience Stinks". Sorry, that's how I feel right now - with t-minus 6 days of eating whatever I want.

Thanks to Hillary for taking me to Olive Garden today. It was awesdome but I felt that I could not eat that again and be o.k. in light of all that's happened in the past few weeks.

No comments:


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter