Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Starting small

Started small. Small starts. Baby steps. Whatever you want to call it - it's hard to get started on something this huge without first taking smaller steps. I want to get ready for 2/1/10 but I also do not want my system to flip out because I am not eating chicken McNuggets smothered in cheese sauce with a side of honey mustard dip. (I don't really eat that...but)

Yesterday I had a vegan breakfast. Two slices of soy toast with Smart Balance light - made with flax seed oil. It was good and filled me up. Today I had dried apricots and flax seed chips with homemade salsa. It's good and I'm satisfied. Breakfast is easy though - since I don't love it - I force myself to eat it otherwise I'll be crabby until lunch.

Tomorrow I will start my day with my normal mocha but have my Barista put in a small amount of soy...just to start. Small steps...

No comments:


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter