Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Peace...peace...God's peace...

My pastor spoke about the peace of Christmas this past Sunday and the message has stuck with me through this week. This has been a HARD week for me. I don't just mean hard in the sense of lots to do and people to please...I mean hard as in I don't know what I'm going to do kinda hard. The hard that causes one to doubt the peace that passes all understanding...the hard that requires friends and family and even blog readers to pray twice as much for you in order to bear the burden. It's the kind of hard that is easy to assume Jesus will not care about or take care of. That's where I'm at...and at this time of year? Shameful!

Yet, my wise pastor's words have stuck with me as he shared that there is a peace that can pass my feeble understanding - a peace that is like oil over the skin - soaks in and is hard to wash off. A peace that I so desperately need at this moment. An "it's gonna be alright" kind of peace. A sitting in Jesus arms kind of peace. A Bethlehem kind of peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peace, peace, wonderful peace....


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter