Monday, December 31, 2007

Pass the cold turkey

I love this day - it's a chance to start over and make all kinds of resolutions that we have no real plans of keeping. Yet, it gives a chance to dream big, wish big and resolve that this year will be different than last year.

I should make a list of the things I do NOT resolve to do...i.e. eat McDonald's, start smoking, etc. I guess I just don't like setting myself up for failure. If I say I won't drink coffee anymore, that's a huge lie and the resolution will be broken by tomorrow at 8:00 am. But if I say I will only drink one coffee/day, that's a bit more reasonable.

Once a few years ago, while watching Oprah, someone made the statement that we should all require more of ourselves. This saying has stuck with me since then and I really like it. It is simple yet powerful. It says so much without promissing stuff that is unattainable.

Therefore, this year, I resolve to RMOY - require more of myself. Therefore, I should get my butt to the gym before it closes.

I figure though, if these don't work there's always Lent.

No comments:


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter