Friday, March 14, 2008

Do you want fries with that senior discount?




Take a close look at my receipt from Carl's Junior yesterday.

So, needless to say I had a heart to heart with the nice lady that rang up my order. Her name was Dora. Once I noticed this, I called her over to my table and asked her what about me made her think I should get the Senior Discount. She shushed me and said "don't tell...I thought you needed a break."

Well, we started talking and she wove a tale of her life (she was 65 and I REALLY wanted to know if she REALLY thought I was close to her age...). She works at Carl's Junior first of all. She was married to a man that beat her up so she got an annulment from him - then she married another guy and had a son. He went to Viet Nam and is currently MIA. So, she can't get any funds for her or her son because technically, he's not "dead."

She lives in Federal Way and her son is a manager at McDonalds and has been since 1994!

You know, my mom said in a comment recently on this blog, that there are daily affirmations of God moving in our lives and sometimes we don't realize it or notice it at all. Today, through a senior discount, I met a woman and was able to affirm her and thank her for working at Carl's and getting me my Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Dora needs a reality check.


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter