Sunday, March 30, 2008

Paris Diary - Part Un

I was awaiting pictures of Paris before I blogged-as the stories are so much better with pictures!

It was an awesome time with my sweet mom and super-cool sisters. My BIL was there too and he and I have a great relationship - so that was fun to hang out with him. We watched the entire season six of Family Guy while in Paris. Yes, my BIL is cool.

We got there and our luggage did not. We had to run...literally...to our connecting flight from JFK to CDG (Paris). We got in late due to time issues at JFK and circling the airport for a bit. So, needless to say, our luggage didn't quite make it.

Then we get to our apartment - and it's a five floor walk-up. That was good for the exercise. The one-person elevator was so tiny that it took me a little while to get used to the idea. Then the WC...oh my. I'm not good with measurements but it was tiny...I almost had to open the door in order for my booty to fit inside. Then my knees hit the wall in front of me. Paris is not for chubby chicks!

Thursday was spent just walking around our neighborhood. We were on the same block as a huge Basilica (picture to follow) and the bells tolled for us occasionally. Our luggage arrived that night - at about 11:00 pm. The next day was Good Friday. We walked around our surroundings - found a grocery, bakery, and other necessities. No Starbucks though. We ate lunch at a little brassiere and it was interesting. The French cafes have a simple menu - usually only about five items; duck, chicken, beef, pasta and a special of the day. It was hard to pay $30 (US) for a pasta dish but I did it and it was interesting.

On the way home from our day I popped into the Basilica - as it was Good Friday, they were having the Stations of the Cross all in French. It was interesting to share this experience with those half way across the world. The church was very stark and cold - very traditional. Friday evening, we ate Spaghetti in the apartment. My mom made it and it was really tasty! For dessert: Creme Brulee that you could buy in the dairy section of the grocery store!! What a concept!

Next, I'll blog about the chunnel, London, and falling asleep during The Lion King.

I'm sure you're breathless with anticipation!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Yay! Yes, actually I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip & seeing pics! (Maybe not breathless, but still.) Hope you're doing ok with the dreaded jet lag.

Red Letter girl said...

Jet lag sucks. I went to bed yesterday at 8:00 pm...up at 4:00 am this morning. REALLY looking forward to going to work tomorrow.

YUckY

TheologyMom said...

So glad you're home...it was fun to hear about it today, but I also look forward to reading more...


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter