Saturday, January 06, 2007

God Moments

I had a God moment yesterday and it was reaffirmed today again.

I was with some friends last night at dinner and we were talking about how we can change the world (or our section of the world). My friend says "I wish we could buy a cheap motel."

For years, I've been driving by a closed motel called The Chinook on MLK way toward the freeway. In it's hayday I'm sure it was a nice enough little place, but now it's run down and gross. It has potential, however.

Each time I drive by I pray about that place and wonder how I could get it and turn it into a really cool Delancy St or transitional housing for single moms, etc. I pray specifically for that place each time I drive by. So last night when my friend mentioned this, I immediately had to tell him the Chinook story.

Then, today in another blog that I read, he was talking about how there is all kinds of abandoned, run-down shelter, (The Chinook) that could easily be used to help people. It was another moment that got me thinking about the funny motel.

I'm just a single gal who works for a living and wants to serve Jesus daily - how can I get a run-down motel and turn it into something?? So, I ask, Lord...what do you want me to do with these moments?

1 comment:

Todd the Toad said...

Keep having faith. Your dream is beautiful, and it's just a matter of getting the finances. Take care.


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter