Friday, January 19, 2007

It's been kind of a hard week. I feel completely overwhelmed by the amount of work in this PhD program and am praying that I did not bite off more than I can chew. I try to take it one day at a time, one assignment, paper, discussion question, reading at a time but it's hard.

However, today at work I found a rather large error that I made - it wasn't an error per se, it was a posting of some account information but it made my co-workers reports all off because of the dates I used. I felt really bad and, if you know me you know I thought I was going to get fired (not really..but for better or worse, I go there). Anyway, I was talking to Blair, our superintendent, and he was so encouraging. He told me he knows that I was the best choice for this job and that he thinks I have a long career there and that he looks forward to many great years with me working there. He appreciates my contribution and knows that God sent me to them. It was really nice to hear. My direct boss is retiring soon (where have I heard that before?) and he was talking about all the possibilities available. He said "we will soon make this job exactly what you want it to be."

That was a great opening for me to ask for 4-10 hour days, but I didn't, not yet. My hope is to work closely with the development of the coffee house para-ministries and I feel to do this, I'll need one full day there at least. It is still early and I have lots of time to figure that out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always did like old Blair. He knows a good thing when he sees it.

Bree said...

time is ticking, missy! Mosaic can't wait for you to get your act together. :) HA! Just Kidding. I'm the least to say that we have our act together... there is much to be done... even if there is not so much time left.

love ya! it will all work out somehow. and I second magaw... Blair does know a good thing when he sees it.


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter