Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Reading Year

I've decided that instead of making New Year's resolutions, I will read books that have to do with what I may resolve at some point - since I can then combine my love of reading with making resolutions.
Here are the books I would like to read this year (aside from school books which are required reading-boo hoo).
Maybe a bloggers book club is in order??

1. You on a Diet - the Owner's Manuel for Waist Management. Michael Roizen & Mehmet Oz.
2. The Omnivore's Dilemma - A Natural History of Four Meals. Michael Pollan
3. The 8:55 to Baghdad: From London to Iraq on the Trail of Agatha Christie and the Orient Express. Andrew Eames
4. Mao: The Unknown Story. Jung Chang
5. Eragon. Christopher Paolini
6. On the Beach. Nevil Shute
7. Thunderstruck. Erik Larson
8. Thirteen Moons. Charles Frazier
9. The Openness of God: A Biblical Challenge to the Traditional Understanding of God. Clark Pinnock

That should keep me busy for a year. If anyone has anything else to add please do-there is a new one about Darwin that also looks fascinating, The Reluctant Mr. Darwin.

Have a great start to 2007, and happy reading!

No comments:


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter