Monday, April 09, 2007

Pictures of China & Korea

Here are some of my pictures of my trip to China/Korea. Just an FYI...I am not Chinese, Korean or skinny if you needed help to identify me!

She was playing badmitton and I almost took her home with me!



This is a high school in Ha'ian, Jiangsu province. The kids are lining the halls to look at the Americans - some have never even been to Shanghai (about four hours away) let alone seen a blond/blue-eyed/fat American!:-)

This statement says it all about education in China.


School kids in China - all 5500 kids live in dorms at the school and are in class from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. They are taking over the world on work ethic alone!

This is Linda (our Chinese translator) and myself on the riverboat cruise. She was so cute and tried her best to make a meaningful experience for the Americans!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so would have brought home that little girl! I have just the place for her....

Anonymous said...

I want to play badmitton with her, so is soooooo cute. Their work ethic makes me feel like I need to ride the boy even more about his missing homework. Maybe I should sent him to Korea...

Red Letter girl said...

The boy would not last two days in China. But, they would love him so much! They probably have never seen red hair.

He passed his handler's permit though!!


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter