I exercised my freedom as a US citizen today and went to the library. I was checked in by someone who did not speak English very well, but she was younger than most of the poll judges so it's nice to see some diversity.
Sojourners had a really well written voting guide called Voting God's Politics. It had some key points to remember when casting a vote for candidate or issue.
1. Compassion and economic justice
2. Peace and restraint of violence
3. Consistent Ethic of Life
4. Racial Justice
5. Human Rights, dignity and gender justice
6. Strengthen Families and renew culture
7. Good stewardship of God's creation
We will not establish the Kingdom of God today. It is not on the ballot. You can vote to strengthen the common good.
Read more at www.sojo.net
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- ► 2008 (58)
- ► 2007 (129)
- ▼ November (11)