Yes friends, it's another football Friday. As we all bow our heads and get ready for non-stop football it's time for your favorite segment: Ask the Football Girl!
What exactly is the West Coast Offense?
The West Coast Offense (WCO) is really a misnomer. The explosive system originated in Cincinnati by the late Bill Walsh who brought it to the West Coast in the late 60's.
Basically, the WCO relies on passing first - then running. These passes are not your deep slot routes run by one guy all the way down the field. They are typically shorter passes (5-10 yards) and the routes can be run by a wide-receiver, tight end or running back. Therefore, instead of a single deep threat, an offense now has several shorter plays to run - and several offensive threats in the arsenal. It relies heavily on a quarterback who is accurate, but not necessarily strong.
Over the years, each team has developed their own version of Walsh's WCO, but any deviation from a typical slot receiver and two back offense may use pieces or parts of the WCO. It is fun to watch!
If you watch the Hawks this weekend, you'll see a lot of WCO - Hasselback uses his Tight Ends, RB's and short pass receivers very well in this plot. Watch for it this weekend.
Keep those questions coming! Game face on!
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- ► 2008 (58)
- Brick House
- Hashing Slasher
- Tammy Update
- Not who you might think...
- Reader discretion advised - Mosaic, I owe you a $1...
- Free day
- 'Tis a Glorious Church
- Football Friday
- "What is...smarty pants?"
- Please Pray this week
- Ask the football girl
- How do I get myself into these situations??
- Goodbye little Flower
- ▼ October (13)