This weekend was my church's 100th anniversary. It was full of pageantry and splendor...not really but close. The music was awesome and the speaker gets the Gospels - I even told him so after the service. I could not stop crying and it could very well be from the conviction in my evil hard heart.
I am going to share a conviction I had during today's service...which was AWESOME..can't say it enough. As I'm standing there, crying uncontrollably, the Lord proceeds to say to me "I brought you here to do a good work in you and for you...and you #*&% all over it by how you treat people?"
Now, mind you, that was not a direct quote. I doubt God says the "S" word...but I got the message loud and clear. He brought me there - through a series of events and I can't stop crying about the story He is telling since I've been there. The story of Lora and MO and he is crying out to do a good work for us and in us and I need to remember that. My heart was changed today. It won't be perfect...and I will continue to stumble and deal with my mistrust or dislike of others until HE is perfected in my heart.
Thank you for the 100 years and that I get to be a small piece of the next 100!
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- ► 2008 (58)
- Brick House
- Hashing Slasher
- Tammy Update
- Not who you might think...
- Reader discretion advised - Mosaic, I owe you a $1...
- Free day
- 'Tis a Glorious Church
- Football Friday
- "What is...smarty pants?"
- Please Pray this week
- Ask the football girl
- How do I get myself into these situations??
- Goodbye little Flower
- ▼ October (13)