Sunday, January 27, 2008

Eye to Eye

I just a very long email to my BFF. You know the kind of email where you're so mad you just keep typing and you forget to punctuate and you don't care if words are spelled wrong and you hope that they will just read it and be mad about the same thing you're mad about?? One of those kinda emails.

Whew.

Sometimes, doing what we know is right is so much more difficult especially when you add in other people who are also trying to do what's right and you just do NOT see eye to eye. For me, though, having a BFF I can shoot an email to helps. She doesn't need to talk me off a ledge or anything...just read it. Knowing she knows really helps.

I think I may be tired - exhausted. I am sure this has a lot to do with my situation of not being willing to do what I need to do. Actually there's a lot that goes into it besides mere exhaustion.

My pastor talked today about Jesus' calling his disciples. They didn't have to be the best of the best (like in Top Gun), they just had to be willing. I know that we've been called to a bigger and greater ministry, it's just sometimes it's hard and exhausting and people are protective of time and resources. I'm tired. I don't want to do it anymore. I'm jumping ship.

A blog is a great place to vent too. The blog gods don't care.

I need to remember to run with perseverance the race set before me. It's a long journey and sometimes I get shin splints or a side ache...but I gotta keep going. Even if I don't always agree with those running alongside me or those who are not as committed. The journey is worth it.

No comments:


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter