Thursday, August 30, 2007

Incentive is everything

A conversation yesterday at the Krispy Kreme after the Mariner game:

Dad: If you knew for sure that you would get a million dollars if you walked from Seattle to L.A. would you do it?
Heidi: Of course! But if you offered me $1000 to lose 100 pounds I would not do it.
Dad: Yes, because the incentive is not worth the changing of our behavior.
Heidi: This doesn't sound good.
Dad: So, why don't we change our behavior in order to ensure Dianne's wellness?
Heidi: Because we know it won't do any good?
Dad: Sad. We don't pray, fast, lay hands on...
Heidi: Because we don't believe?
Dad: What if we were guaranteed her wellness?
Heidi: We would change our behavior.

I hate waking up early because I feel convicted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but are we guaranteed - is it a formula - if we just pray, fast, etc. enough or in the correct way - then healing happens. If it is where is this happening? Seems the disciples did it without praying, fasting and even they could not always do it. It is so confusing...

Red Letter girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter