The past two weekends the kid sister, her dog Griffey and I have gone out on nature hikes around the Puget Sound. Last weekend we hiked the Preston-Snoqualmie trail all the way to the end. There was a lovely view of the Falls and the Lodge and I couldn't help but wish I was inside, eating a 4-course country breakfast with a Chocolate Pot. If you've never been...GO!!
Anyhow, that was a three mile - two hour jaunt and the last forty minutes was all up hill. My rear-end was sore for three days. Being the novice hikers that we are, we failed to bring any water or peanuts with us.
Today, we went to Cougar Mountain and hiked Trail W1 - four miles round trip. This time we brought energy drinks and water. So about 2.5 miles in I had to stop and made the mistake of drinking my entire energy drink all at one time. I made it about another .5 of a mile and then all hell(or should I say all my bowels) broke loose! I ran into the woods, asked the kid sister if she could see me, grabbed a branch and squatted! Whew...
Needless to say I left a piece of myself behind on Cougar Mountain. I need to always remember to bring a small bit of t.p. with me on each and every nature hike. Words to the wise.
Next weekend...it's a surprise, but I get to pick the hiking spot.
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- Yes we Can (part two)
- Science Fair 2008
- A chubby girl's guide to hiking (always bring T.P....
- I got tagged
- Babysitting Weekend - it's what us single gals do
- They make me get on the scale and I say NO NO NO
- Great Purge & Weight Loss of 2008
- Get taxes done...check
- Super Tuesday
- Cheater cheater bread pudding eater
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2007 (129)