Thursday, February 07, 2008
Get taxes done...check
I filed my taxes today..while at work. I was bored and turbo tax sends me my sign-on name like every two days...so I thought "what the heck...let's see how much I will owe the IRS this year."
Lo & behold...I don't owe anything! I'm actually getting money back. Now, mind you I took an ungodly amount of money from every 401(b) I've ever had just to survive this year and had to pay some equally ungodly penalties..but I'm still getting some money back...just in time to spend it in Paris! It sucks to change jobs, leaving behind the comfort and security of a high paying State job to be able to do your taxes in the middle of the day and leave at 3:30 to go work out.
On another note...
I am excited that Barack Obama is coming to Seattle tomorrow! I have friends who are going - but alas, I will be "working" or something resembling work. I've heard predictions that there may be upwards of 10,000 people at his rally. Amazing!
Then Saturday, I head out to caucus for the first time. I even talked to my mom about it and may have convinced her too, if she wasn't babysitting my 100 year old granny. I told her she'll still have a chance if she wants. I was proud of her for stepping outside of the "red" zone and into the fray. She is awesome.
It kind of looks like Barack is looking at Lady Elaine...they look good together. Possible running mate?
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- Yes we Can (part two)
- Science Fair 2008
- A chubby girl's guide to hiking (always bring T.P....
- I got tagged
- Babysitting Weekend - it's what us single gals do
- They make me get on the scale and I say NO NO NO
- Great Purge & Weight Loss of 2008
- Get taxes done...check
- Super Tuesday
- Cheater cheater bread pudding eater
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2007 (129)