Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I got tagged

I knew Missy Ortiz (Melissa Baldwin from beediva.blogspot.com) in college and it's been fun to "confess" who I was in love with back then - people we knew!! So, she tagged me - which to be honest, I don't really know what that means. However, according to her rules...I have to put up 7 things you may not know about me. As Melissa, I'm pretty open with people so it will be hard to come up with things that won't make my mom faint dead away and things you actually may not know. Then I have to tag people - so beware! You may be next!

Well, here goes...

Thing #1 - I love...love...love football. Not just a passing fancy. I am addicted to football so please don't schedule board meetings, work, family gatherings or anything else near a football game. I need plenty of time to get my "game face" on.

Thing #2 - I have four tattoos. I have a tramp stamp of flowers, a ladybug, the Chinese symbol for forgivness and on my upper back...my very favorite QUEEN BEE - with a little bee wearing a crown.

Thing #3 - Following Melissa's lead...I'm an Open Theist and think evolution is cool (o.k. my friend Diane just had a small heart attack). I love to dialogue with others about Jesus. HE IS why I live and HE IS who I want to serve-the other stuff is all debatable!! I have strong opinions about a lot of things, but, for me, it all comes down to Jesus and knowing him better and understanding his Kingdom commands. This has not stopped me from having several faith crises during my journey. Those are fun to talk about as well.

Thing #4 - I would love to take a road trip cross country. I dreamed about this with my middle sister and she went and got married and had babies. Now we're kind of old and involved...but I would still love the chance to visit places in this great country of ours.

Thing #5 - Once, while in China, I ate...sheep vagina. There...I said it.

Thing #6 - I probably have, in my closet right now and overflowing onto the bedroom floor, at least 70 pairs of shoes.

Thing #7 - I really like beer and do not think that has any bearing on my spirituality or love of Jesus. It does have a bearing on my waist. Sadly.

That's it. Really random and strange. I'm sure that everyone knew all that already - mabye except #5. There is more I could say...but some is just too embarassing!!


OK...here's the rules:

- List 7 random things about yourself that people may not know.
- Link the person who sent this to you, and leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Sadly, I don't have 7 blog friends. Is it bad to love those I do have??

So, I'll tag Theologymom (theworldaccordingtochrista.blogspot.com) & Lori (lorifelder.blogspot.com). Sorry, my blogspot "insert link" feature is not working on my work computer...so I'm 100% ghetto and proud of it!

RLG

5 comments:

TheologyMom said...

I knew about the Sheep V-jj...I'm just saying...Didn't know about the road trip thing and it kind of surprises me...

Melissa said...

Didn't you LOVE China???? I want to go back...where did you go while there?? Also...I have a ladybuy tat on my hip and want a bee one really bad...Melissa means "honeybee" and my lastname starts with "b". I havent seen a good bee tat that I would be happy with...tell me more about yours!

Anonymous said...

Naw, I didn't have a heart attack! I'm thinking that if we ever sit down and talk about it, we'd find that we have very similar ideas about evolution. :)
Very cool list!

Anonymous said...

We can still take a trip cross country, but now we will do it in a deluxe motorhome and not in a ghetto van! We'll do it when were old and we can stop in Vegas and smoke long cigarettes and drink margaritas that are hideously huge. It'll be fun!

Red Letter girl said...

This is exactly why I love the middle sister...

We'll have to golf along the way of course!


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter