I watched Oprah the other night and the show was about organizing your clutter. This was a novel concept until the author (Peter Walsh) on the show suggested that the clutter in my house could be contributing to why I am fat. His book is called "Does this Clutter Make my Butt Look Fat." Catchy...real catchy. You gotta love a book that features the author's full picture on the front cover.
This was an interesting concept. Therefore, if you declutter, it would stand to reason then that the weight would come off. Lo & behold, the family they featured decluttered and started the weight loss journey.
I see some of that in my own home. I have clutter. Not bad clutter but a lot of crap that needs to be either removed, stored, tossed, donated or re-purposed. I have taken inspiration from my blog friends to do this but didn't make it very far. Yet, if it's contributing to my weight gain (or making me fat) then I want to get rid of it pronto!
Pop psychology? Maybe. However, I now have two huge Rubber Maid tubs to take to the Goodwill next time I go to Seattle!
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- Yes we Can (part two)
- Science Fair 2008
- A chubby girl's guide to hiking (always bring T.P....
- I got tagged
- Babysitting Weekend - it's what us single gals do
- They make me get on the scale and I say NO NO NO
- Great Purge & Weight Loss of 2008
- Get taxes done...check
- Super Tuesday
- Cheater cheater bread pudding eater
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2007 (129)