Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Science Fair 2008

Today I got to be the Science Fair judge at our Kent View Elementary Science Fair. Normally, I sit in my office, looking out at nature (there were FIVE deer out today) and play with my eco-sphere, lady bug hut, or ant farm. I do work, but I don't see kids as I work in administration.

So today was a lot of fun for me. I got to see the kids that are the reason we exist! I was a judge for the grades 2-4 science fair projects. I loved, loved Japandeep's experiment with hot water and plastic bottles. What a sweet little girl she is and it was c.l.e.a.r. that she did her own project - no help from mom & dad.

I also loved Cole's birdnests. He found them on the farm he lives on (see mom's blog here: www.dianesfarm.blogspot.com)

I really liked Michael's project. He was very proud to present the balloon filling with vinegar and salt. His mom is a single parent who wants him to go to Christian School and she struggles to make her payments every month - but does it...and then helped him with his science project! Way to go!

Also, there was Nai - a new kid this year - has hella anger issues but you wouldn't know it when he presented his parachute project. He did not have one report written but when he presented it to us, it was GENIUS! He even MADE the parachutes....himself...I hope he gets honorable mention.

People think that Christian School is for the rich or the holy...but today I saw the reason that I work there and truly the real reason I hope to continue to be there and that is to make sure kids are loved and that this kind of education is open and available to ALL regardless. I know that is why I'm there.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Amen sistah!
And don't worry - I will do my best to make sure that Nai and Japandeep (and Bart! Don't forget Bart and his crystal project!) get some sort of prize.
Thanks again. You are an awesome science fair judge!


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter