Monday, June 12, 2006

Here today - gone tomorrow


I came home tonight from Underground to find a note on my door from the Homeowner's Association. Keep in mind, I pay monthly dues to be part of this association. They are informing me that the tree that is right outside my bedroom window will be cut down tomorrow. This makes me very sad. This tree shelters my bedroom window from unwanted noise, sun, rain and wind. It is a beautiful and tall cedar tree and I will miss it.

It got me thinking about John 15:5 where Jesus is the vine (or trunk) and we are called to be branches.
I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation initimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. John 15:5 - The Message

I don't always act strong or protective as the branches on the tree outside my bedroom do. In fact, sometimes I'd rather be cut down than have to protect or shelter someone.

I will miss my tree but continue to focus on how I can be a better branch, even when I want to be cut off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your tree. But it occurred to me that sometimes the tree has to be trimmed, or even cut down to let in the Light.
"I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12
Even Jesus had to be "cut down" on the cross in order togive us that life.

Anonymous said...

That's why bad things happen to good people! Mom, comes through with a winner!


About Me

I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.

Twitter...see what I'm doing!

    follow me on Twitter