Saturday, September 08, 2007
Saturday is game day
Today my dad and I went to the UW vs. Boise State football game. I thought, for a moment, that the stadium had more orange than purple, but finally the fans showed up. It was a great win for the Huskies as we have not beaten a ranked team in 11 tries! I told my dad that I sure didn't like working at UW, but I'll watch football there any day!!
However...tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for since last January. It's the start of "real" season football with the Hawks taking on the spurious Tampa Bay Bux...kind of the Raiders of the East if you will. John Gruden is a bad ass coach and they have typically had a great defense but our boys are ready. It's going to be a very good year and we have a good schedule.
And yes, faithful blog followers will have to endure the next four months as there will be at least weekly football postings. I may even start a column called "Ask the football chick" - all your football questions answered right here...right now.
Gotta go watch LSU & Va Tech..after all WE ARE THE HOKIES!
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- ► 2008 (58)
- Barack the Vote '08
- I wanna ROCK
- Take me to the edge
- The story of Ruby & Nellie
- Sweet Baby Roses
- Granny is 100!
- New Book Alert
- Ode to the Chocolate Chessman (and post-Ode commen...
- Sorry CW!
- Confessions of a swearing 3rd grader
- Fall Reading List
- Assistant to the Regional Manager
- Saturday is game day
- Ruff Ryders 2007
- ▼ September (15)