Today is my one-year anniversary at Rainier Christian Schools. Faithful blog readers will remember my painful blogs as I was learning this system and how bored I was for many weeks - until I got to know the people and the systems and now it's a groove. Grooves are nice.
I was talking to my big boss (Mr. Superintendent) and we were talking about people who have everything in life (seemingly) handed to them and have never once had to rely on God's provision or grace. These are people like my Aunt, my baby rose cousin, and this other guy we work with. Now, mind you, this is OUR perception as I'm sure they have suffered their own small (pitiful?) trials and tribulations. Blair was saying that these people have never walked to the edge. Not to mention stepped off the edge..but never even come close to the edge. They are conservative, and I don't mean conservative Christians or in the political sense like they only vote for Bush - they are scared.
Scared Christians. They don't trust Jesus enough to get out of the boat, walk to the edge, open a coffee house, take a $14,000 pay cut, ask for healing from cancer, provide for a school district $500,000 in the hole. They have never had to rely on Jesus too much. Yet they love him just the same and they have a relationship with him.
I don't get it. I'm just glad he called me to the edge and asked me to jump. It has been a year of struggle, monetarily mostly...but I've made it thanks to friends, parents, sisters, financial aid and cashing out some retirement. It's still a struggle...but I've jumped and some of the best people I know have also jumped and it's a fun ride down!
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- ► 2008 (58)
- Barack the Vote '08
- I wanna ROCK
- Take me to the edge
- The story of Ruby & Nellie
- Sweet Baby Roses
- Granny is 100!
- New Book Alert
- Ode to the Chocolate Chessman (and post-Ode commen...
- Sorry CW!
- Confessions of a swearing 3rd grader
- Fall Reading List
- Assistant to the Regional Manager
- Saturday is game day
- Ruff Ryders 2007
- ▼ September (15)