Went to Granny's 100th birthday party today. There were so many people there! It was a very nice day to honor her and her 100 years. She didn't know who was there and you could tell she was in a daze.
My BFF went with me. It's so nice to have her to take to these events and of course My Little BFF went too (Lora) and she was a hit. I usually hate these kinds of events, but once I got there, it was like old times and it was nice to see everyone again. I miss those people and it is true that the kids grow so fast!
I was thankful that my mom and sisters were there and Brent was the cutest of all the boys! I was proud of our little family amongst all the other folks there. We are good girls and we all love Jesus and try to be obedient.
All the way home, Hillary and I explained our family dynamic to Christa (who listened with rapt attention!) and it was interesting to recite the lives of these people integral to who I am, whether or not we see one another once a year or once a lifetime. Some of my family members have been through some crappy times - some of their own making and some not. I appreciate that my cousin Pete remembers what car I drive or that my cousin Steve remembers my name or that my cousin Jackie grabs my rear or that Bart wants to talk about his non-profit work. I wanted to hold Ben in my lap like I used to but he's like 6 feet 4 now...so kind of hard.
I need to get a copy of my cousin Jeannie's song she wrote for Granny. I think it was the highlight as she's always been everyone's favorite. I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the house...but I'm the only doctoral candidate in the entire family So there Jeannie!
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- ► 2008 (58)
- Barack the Vote '08
- I wanna ROCK
- Take me to the edge
- The story of Ruby & Nellie
- Sweet Baby Roses
- Granny is 100!
- New Book Alert
- Ode to the Chocolate Chessman (and post-Ode commen...
- Sorry CW!
- Confessions of a swearing 3rd grader
- Fall Reading List
- Assistant to the Regional Manager
- Saturday is game day
- Ruff Ryders 2007
- ▼ September (15)