Since this is my blog...I am going to go out on a limb and perhaps offend a few lurkers with what I'm about to confess.
I donated to Barack Obama's campaign this weekend. I have not donated to any political cause or campaign before (with the exception of Sojourners, which I don't consider overtly political) but I am excited that for the first time in this country, we actually have a person of color being considered for the job of President...someone who could actually win!!
As a person who loves a bit of diversity, this excites me. I really could care less if he was democrat or republican, I'm just pleased to see him doing well and hope that he has a chance. I encourage you to review his policies and ideas.
Here is his website...http://www.barackobama.com/
I think it's exciting and will certainly make the next 13 months interesting. Something to tell my niece and nephew someday!
- Red Letter girl
- I work at a Christian School district only 4 miles from my home. The people there are full of grace and love and I am glad to be a part of this ministry. I have a neice and nephew whom I love dearly. They are 12 and almost 15 respectively. I have two amazing sisters and two amazing brothers-in-law. Of course, I would not be here if it were not for my mother agreeing to marry my dad. Good going mom! My parents are my life and I would literally be NOTHING without their unconditional love, support and care. You rock mom and dad. Then there's Will & Lora...their giggles are like sunshine and their parents crack me up too.
- ► 2008 (58)
- Barack the Vote '08
- I wanna ROCK
- Take me to the edge
- The story of Ruby & Nellie
- Sweet Baby Roses
- Granny is 100!
- New Book Alert
- Ode to the Chocolate Chessman (and post-Ode commen...
- Sorry CW!
- Confessions of a swearing 3rd grader
- Fall Reading List
- Assistant to the Regional Manager
- Saturday is game day
- Ruff Ryders 2007
- ▼ September (15)